Recipe by Gordon Ramsay – Ultimate Cookery Course. Please find ingredients and full recipe below. Serves 2.
- Olive Oil for frying
- 8 Chestnut Mushrooms. (Trimmed & sliced)
- 1 Garlic Clove. (Peeled & chopped)
- 1 Leek. (Trimmed quartered & sliced)
- 250ml of Chicken Stock
- 4-6 Lasagne Sheets. (Dried or fresh)
- 100ml Double Cream
- 2 tbsp roughly chopped Tarragon leaves.
- Sea salt & freshly ground black pepper
For the Garlic Brushette:
- 4 slices of Ciabatta bread
- Olive Oil
- 1 Garlic Clove. (Peeled & Halved)
- Heat a large frying pan & add a dash of oil. Season the mushrooms & start to saute them, adding the garlic after two minutes & the leeks a minute later. Cook for 6-8 minutes until the leeks are soft & the mushrooms coloured on the outside. Taste & adjust the seasoning.
- Add the stock & boil for five minutes until reduced by half.
- Meanwhile, cook the lasagne sheets in a large saucepan of boiling salted water for four minutes or until just al dente.
- While the lasagne is cooking, add the cream to the frying pan & simmer for 2-3 minutes to reduce a little.
- When the lasagne sheets are cooked, drain & add to the pan with the sauce, stirring until well coated. Turn off the heat, add the Tarragon leaves & allow to sit while the bread toasts.
- To prepare the brushette, preheat a griddle pan or grill. Rub the slices of ciabatta with olive oil & the cut the side of the garlic clove & toast for 102 minutes on each side until golden brown.
- To serve: Spoon the lasagne & mushroom mixture onto serving plates, layering them up attractively. Serve the toasted bruschette slices on the side.