Recipe by Jamie Oliver – Ministry of Food. Serves 2.
- 1 Red Pepper
- 1 medium Red Onion
- 2 skinless, boneless chicken breasts (Preferably free-range or organic)
- 1 teaspoon smoked Paprika
- A small pinch of ground Cumin
- 2 Limes
- Olive Oil
- Sea Salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 4 flour Tortillas
- 1 x 150ml tub of Sour Cream or Natural Yoghurt
- 100g of Cheddar cheese
For the Salsa
- 1/2 – 1 fresh red Chilli to your taste
- 15 ripe cherry Tomatoes
- A small bunch of fresh Coriander
- Sea Salt & freshly ground pepper
- 1 Lime
- Extra virgin Olive Oil
- Put your griddle pan on a high heat. Halve and deseed your pepper & cut it into thin strips. Peel, halve & finely slice your onion. Slice your chicken lengthways into long strips roughly the same size as your pepper strips. Put the peppers, onion & chicken into a bowl with the paprika & cumin. Squeeze over the juice of half a lime, drizzle over a lug of olive oil, season with a good pinch of salt & pepper and mix well.
- Put to one side to marinate for five minutes or so while you make your salsa.
- Finely chop your chilli. Roughly chop your tomatoes & the coriander (Stalks & all). Put the chilli & tomatoes into a second bowl with a good pinch of salt & pepper & the juice of 1 lime. Add a good lug of extra virgin olive oil then stir in your chopped coriander.
- Use a pair of tongs to put all the pieces of pepper, onion & chicken into your preheated pan to cook for 6-8 minutes until the chicken is golden & cooked through. As the pan will be really hot, keep turning the pieces of chicken & vegetables over so they don’t burn – You just want them to lightly chargrill to give you a lovely flavour. Warm your tortillas up in the microwave or a warm dry pan. Halve your remaining lime & squeeze the juices over the sizzling pan.
- Divide your warmed tortillas between your serving plates. Help yourself to the chicken & vegetables straight from the hot griddle pan. Ensure to put it down on something that won’t burn.
- Serve with sour cream or natural yoghurt alongside your cheddar, a grater and freshly made salsa.